Tuesday, November 5, 2013

LOVE IT: Aritzia

As someone who can make their own clothes and works in clothing product development, I am extremely picky when it comes to shopping. Aritzia happens to be one of my favourite stores because they offer several price points and the quality is there (for the most part). Is there better quality out there from other stores/brands? Yes, of course. But $1000 for a pair of leggings that will go out of style in a year is a little out of my price range.

I purchased the Wilfred Free - Wasaga T-Shirt Dress a while back in two colourways: Bright Blue and Heather Grey. I loved them, as is the case with all my Aritzia purchases, until the time came for me to wash them. FYI, depending on the fabric content, dry clean only garments can be handwashed with no issues.

After I had painstakingly handwashed and hung both dresses to dry, I discovered, TO MY HORROR, that the back of the Heather Grey one had twisted. How could I wear a dress with uneven side seam lengths?! These dresses were $45CAD+tax!

So off I went to the computer to contact Aritzia. I honestly did not expect a response. So suffice to say, they exceeded my expectations.

Photobucket

Below are the pictures I submitted to Aritzia as evidence of the twisting. This type of work is also part of what I do at my day job.

Photobucket

Several weeks later...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

As Aritzia was kind enough to let me keep the defective dress, I decided to cut off the bottom part of the dress that was twisted and turned it into a top.

No comments:

Post a Comment